Dr. Tina Malan
Dr. Malan is a South African trained Psychiatrist in British and American models. Prior to working in the UAE she’s worked in the field of Psychiatry for almost 10 years, including some time in Australia. She’s also worked in other fields of Medicine, including General Practice, Oncology and Nutritional Medicine, which provides her with a holistic approach of her patients.
Dr. Tina obtained a Psychiatry Master’s Degree at the University of Stellenbosch in Cape Town, South Africa as well a Fellowship Degree with the Colleges of Medicine of South Africa. She has also been involved with Pharmaceutical Clinical Trials and has a Postgraduate Diploma in Health Research Ethics.
She’s comfortable managing many different adult mental health conditions in a biopsychosocial manner by thorough assessment and personalizing management for each patient. Conditions treated by Dr. Tina would include but are not limited to Trauma and Stressor Related Disorders, Anxiety Disorders, Adult ADHD, Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Obsessive Compulsive Related disorders, Neurocognitive Disorders and Women’s Mental Health (for example issues related to Premenstrual Dysphoric Syndrome, Infertility, pregnancy and the postpartum period).
Being a new Expat in Dubai gives her full understanding of the adjustment and other mental health issues around living in a foreign country.
- Integrative Medicine – safely integrating traditional, natural and nutritional medicine with conventional western medicine in the field of Psychiatry by working in a holistic way, when indicated
- Mental Health and Medical Conditions
- Trauma Related Disorders
- Women’ Mental Health
- Burnout in the workplace
Qualifications and Memberships
- South African Board Certified Psychiatrist and Member of the South African College of Psychiatrists
- Masters in Psychiatry at the University of Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Postgraduate Diploma in Research Ethics at the University of Stellenbosch , South Africa
- Nutritional Medicine training with the Australasian College of Environmental and Nutritional Medicine
- Postgraduate Diploma in Mental Health with the College of Psychiatrists, South Africa
- Bachelors Medical degree at the University of Pretoria, South Africa