Journaling put in simple words, is a place to write our thoughts and feelings. As individuals living in a cosmopolitan city we battle our stress ,depression and anxiety physically and emotionally. Having a diary to unload ourselves helps us to gain control of our own emotions. It also helps us in improving our mental well being.
“Journal writing, when it becomes a ritual for transformation, is not only life-changing but life-expanding.” – Jen Williamson
Journaling can help a person through the following ways:
- Reducing the levels of stress in a person
- Managing anxiety
- Helps to cope with depression
- It helps an individual to priorities problems, fears and concerns
- It helps a person with existing mental health issues by tracking their symptoms. Keeping track of symptoms on a daily basis, helps to identify the triggers and can teach the person better ways to effectively cope with them.
- Journaling allows an individual to practice positive self talk through the medium of writing. a person can recognize an identify their negative thoughts and behaviors.
- If you are a person having various stressors, keeping a Journal could help you to recognize an identify your areas of stress. Once you identify the cause of your stress you can work out a plan to reduce your stress.
Journaling should be used with the below mentioned aspects to achieve a better state of mental well being.
- A person should relax and meditate each day, preferably for 30 minutes a day.
- An individual should consume a healthy, yet balanced diet.
- Physical exercise should be a part of their daily routine.
- Sleep is very essential yet neglected aspect of physical self care. every individual requires different Time intervals to get good quality of sleep.
- Staying away from alcohol ,smoking and drugs.
Keeping a Journal helps a person to create structure when they feel like their life is in chaos journaling helps a person to get to know themselves by knowing their personal fears thoughts and feelings.
Writing a Journal is a form of psychological self care. It provides the person the much needed time to de-stress and wind down. It is important to journal in an environment that is relaxing and soothing. It is good to have It is good to have a specific time of the day to Journal your thoughts and feelings.
In short, Journaling is doing something good for our Mind and Body.